During studies, students are eligible to transfer to the Faculty of Medicine in Novi Sad according to the terms and conditions set by the University and within the limits of the capacity of each study program (maximum 30 students per year of study).
The admission of transfer students is approved by the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Novi Sad in accordance with the evaluation results (transfer of credits for passed exams based on the equivalency in scope and content) of the Admission Board.
- Students must complete minimum 50% of the study program at the Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad – that is, minimum 3 years of studies and relevant number of ECTS credits in order to obtain the degree
- The transfer is possible only from the beginning of academic year (no mid-term transfers)
Transfer applications are reviewed by the Admission Board by the end of June (deadline for submission of documents 01 June) and by the end of September (deadline for submission of documents 10 September). The results of pre-evaluation will be communicated to the applicants via email and posted on the web-site within few days after the meeting of Admission Board.
If the results of the pre-evaluation are acceptable for the candidate, we will issue the official acceptance letter required for obtaining entrance visa (type D) for Serbia.
Students from countries which undergo visa regimen (required entrance visa for Serbia) are strongly advised to apply in June transfer period in order to apply for visa on time (visa procedure can take several weeks). The academic year starts on 1st October.
The following documents are necessary:
Please note that your university certificates and transcripts must be fully legalized either bearing Apostille stamp (for countries which are party to the Hague Convention) or legalized by relevant authority in the country of issuing the document (for countries which are not a party to the Hague Convention).
- Transfer application form - (please download the form, fill in – please type or use block letters)
- Certificate on registration (student status) in previous academic year (in original language accompanied by official translation into Serbian)
- Transcript of records in original language accompanied by official translation into Serbian. For initial application – transcript in English is acceptable, and the translation into Serbian can be done before recognition at the University
- Detailed study program - syllabus
- English language proficiency certificate (unless previous studies are completed in English)
- Passport copy
- Birth certificate in original language accompanied by official translation into Serbian (could be submitted upon registration)
- Proof of paid application fee amounting 50.00 EURO (non-refundable)
Name and address of the bank:
National bank of Serbia, Nemanjina 17, Beograd
Full name and address of the bank account owner:
Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad, Hajduk Veljkova 3, Novi Sad
Account number (IBAN) with a SWIFT/BIC code:
Note: All bank transaction fees are at the expense of the person submitting the payment and they are not included in the fees. Please check your bank’s transaction fees prior to making the payment, so as to avoid them being deducted from the amount that needs to be covered.
- Confirmation that the procedure of recognition of your documents from previous university (transcript) is in progress at the University of Novi Sad, Rector’s Office*
*This step is is not necessary for application and pre-evaluation purposes. In case that the candidate accepted the offered transfer option he/she is obligated to start the recognition procedure by the Rectorate of the University of Novi Sad immediately upon arrival to Novi Sad, before starting the classes.
Submission of transfer application file
Transfer applications should be submitted in person, by registered mail (Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad, Secretariat for Studies in English, Hajduk Veljkova 3, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia) or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you are submitting documents by email, those must be sent as a separate .pdf file, appropriately named as “your name - transcript of grades”, “your name - syllabus”, “your name - passport copy”… etc. Please don’t send single pages as .jpg files or improperly named files or links!
*INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION BY THE BOARD
Steps after acceptance
- If a candidate accepts the offered terms and conditions for transfer (by signing and returning the document that will be sent by email), he will receive the official Acceptance Letter that can be used for the purpose of obtaining entrance Visa for Serbia
- Immediately upon arrival, the student is obligated to immediately start the procedure for recognition of his/her transcript or diploma from previous university by the Rectorate of the University of Novi Sad and submit to the Secretariat for Studies in English the proof / certificate that the procedure is in progress.
The procedure of recognition of your documents from previous university (transcript) is performed at the University of Novi Sad, Rector’s Office, Zorana Djindjica 1, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia.
Tel: +381 21 485-2021
Please check the recognition requirements at http://www.uns.ac.rs/index.php/en/studies/recognition-of-diplomas/recognition-of-foreign-diplomas