APPLICATION can be done by submitting the following documents, in person or by registered mail to our address (Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad, Secretariat for Studies in English, Hajduk Veljkova 3, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia) before the deadline set in the Call for Admission.
- Application form (please download the form, fill, print and sign)
- Birth certificate and notarized translation into Serbian.
- Passport scan (page with your personal data and photo)
- Original transcripts of all years from the High School and a High School Diploma accompanied by notarized translation into Serbian. Please note that for each document three notarized copies in total are necessary for admission - Two copies and original documents for the purpose of recognition of foreign documents submitted at Agency for academic recognition, and one copy for the Faculty of Medicine, along with the certificate from the Agency for academic recognition stating that the nostrification process is in progress, submitted at the Office of Student Affairs
- Proof of payment of the application fee amounting 6.600 RSD
* You can submit your early application documents (.pdf files) in English by email firstname.lastname@example.org, but notarized documents and translation into Serbian must be submitted before entrance exam.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – RECOGNITION (NOSTRIFICATION) OF SECONDARY SCHOOL DOCUMENTS IS REQUIRED BEFORE BEGINNING OF ACADEMIC YEAR, OCTOBER 01ST .
Preparatory CourseThe Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad arranges an intensive on line preparatory course for admission exam for applicants to the study programs in English language. Its purpose is to improve knowledge of high-school chemistry and biology with orientation to the topics and model questions for entry exam.
The preparatory course for admission to the Faculty of Medicine is taught by teachers employed at the University of Novi Sad and specialized in the specific subjects, and consists in explanations both of the subjects and of the related terminology.
The course is offered in the following subjects:
- BIOLOGY – 45 hours total (admission to studies in Medicine and Dentistry) – Course fee: 500 EUR
- CHEMISTRY – 45 hours total (admission to studies in Medicine and Dentistry) – Course fee: 500 EUR
It is not obligatory, but useful! Registration to the course (one or two subjects) is by notifying English Student Service at email@example.com and paying the course fee. Upon receipt of the payment copy, the candidates will receive the access credentials (username and password) for online course. By mid-August, the candidates will be notified about the schedules of real-time classes and availability of teachers for consultations.
The candidates can use available textbooks for secondary education (high school, college) or pre-medical courses that address the topics listed at our web-site (section Entry exam).
Application for preparatory course– download here
Instruction for payment of course fee – direct bank transfer from abroad
Name and address of the bank:
National bank of Serbia, Nemanjina 17, Beograd
Full name and address of the bank account owner:
Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad, Hajduk Veljkova 3, Novi Sad
Account number (IBAN) with a SWIFT/BIC code:
During studies, students are eligible to transfer to the Faculty of Medicine in Novi Sad, if they fulfill criteria necessary for enrolment into the next year of studies at the faculty they attend.
Note: Students must complete minimum 50% of the study program at the Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad – that is, minimum 3 years of studies and relevant number of ECTS credits (180 ECTS) in order to obtain the degree.
Transfer applications should be submitted in person, by registered mail (Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad, Secretariat for Studies in English, Hajduk Veljkova 3, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia) or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you are submitting documents by email, each document must be sent as a separate .pdf file, appropriately named as “your name - transcript of grades”, “your name - syllabus”, “your name - passport copy”… etc.
Transfer applications are reviewed by the Admission Board by the end of June (deadline for submission of documents 01 June) and by the end of September (deadline for submission of documents 10 September) and the results are posted on the web-site.
If the results of the pre-evaluation are acceptable for the candidate, we will issue the official acceptance letter required for obtaining entrance visa (type D) for Serbia.
The following documents are necessary:
- Transfer application form - (please download the form, fill in – please type or use block letters)
- Certificate on registration (student status) in previous academic year (in original language accompanied by official translation into Serbian) or Letter of Withdrawal from the University*
- Transcript of records in original language accompanied by official translation into Serbian. For initial application – transcript in English is acceptable, and the translation into Serbian can be done before recognition at the University*
- Detailed study program - syllabus
- English language proficiency certificate (unless previous studies are completed in English)
- Passport copy
- Birth certificate in original language accompanied by official translation into Serbian (could be submitted upon registration)
- ***Confirmation that the procedure of recognition of your documents from previous university (transcript) is in progress at the University of Novi Sad, Rector’s Office, Zorana Djindjica 1, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia.
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: +381 21 485-2021
Please check the recognition requirements at http://www.uns.ac.rs/index.php/en/studies/recognition-of-diplomas/recognition-of-foreign-diplomas
*THE DOCUMENTS MUST BE FULLY LEGALIZED (APOSTILLE STAMP IF APPLICABLE OR CERTIFICATION BY RELEVANT AUTHORITIES IN COUNTRIES WHERE APOSTILLE STAMP IS NOT AVAILABLE)
**INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION BY THE BOARD
***THIS STEP IS REQUIRED ONLY IN CASE THAT THE CANDIDATE ACCEPTED THE OFFERED TRANSFER OPTION AND IS DONE BEFORE REGISTRATION, IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR APPLICATION AND PRE-EVALUATION PURPOSES
Foundation year and semester
FOUNDATION YEAR AND SEMESTER
FOR POTENTIAL APPLICANTS FOR MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY STUDIES AT THE FACULTY OF MEDICINE NOVI SAD
The Faculty of Medicine Novi Sad will offer a complex foundation courses for potential applicants to the study programs in English language. The foundation courses are perfect basis for prospective students who want to prepare themselves optimally for their studies. The courses are taught by teachers employed at the University of Novi Sad and specialized in the specific subjects, and consists in explanations both of the subjects and of the related terminology.
Education of basic science subjects - biology and chemistry - is quite demanding in high schools in Serbia. Thus, the foundation courses are recommended for those applicants who do not have enough knowledge in any of these subjects according to standards of Serbian secondary education.
The programs are not mandatory for the application for admission to study programs at the Faculty of Medicine. However, by completing a preparatory course the applicants may be better prepared for the entrance examination.
Please note that the acceptance to one of our programs is solely based on your high-school scores and performance at the entrance exam.
- GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- COURSE STRUCTURE
- PROGRAM DURATION
- COURSE SCHEDULE
- TUITION FEE
Application for foundation program – download here
Instruction for payment of course fee – direct bank transfer from abroad download here
Applicants for admission into the first year of studies in Medicine and Dentistry in English must pass entrance exam in
MEDICINE/DENTISTRY (sample questions BIOLOGY - CHEMISTRY)
PHARMACY (sample questions MATHEMATICS - CHEMISTRY)
Accepted candidates need to submit the following
- Birth certificate (original accompanied by notarized translation into Serbian)
- Original secondary school documents and the Decision on recognition of secondary school – NOSTRIFICATION (original document) issued by relevant authority (Ministry of Education Belgrade or Provincial Secretariat for Education Novi Sad) accompanied by a notarized translation into Serbian
- Decision on recognition of secondary school (original document) issued by relevant authority (Agency for Qualification Recognition, Belgrade)
- Original secondary school transcripts
- Two application forms (so-called ŠV forms) – available from the Faculty’s Book-store
- University of Novi Sad index (student booklet) – available from the Faculty’s Book-store
- Two photos
- Proof of payment of tuition fee and registration fee RSD 5,500 account No. 840-1633666-55 ref. 742-106
- Health insurance for the current academic year (international health Insurance, issued in students own country, or in Serbia by relevant insurance company)
- Application fee payable before entrance exam
Amount: RSD 6,600
Account No. 840-1633666-55 ref.no. 742-104
- Tuition fee
Amount: 5,500 EUR for students registering in 2017/2018
4,500 EUR for students registered before 2017
The tuition fee can be paid as following:
- By direct bank transfer from abroad – please check the payment instruction (download )
- in Dinar (RSD) counter value - calculated according to middle exchange rate of the National Bank of Serbia on the day of payment (http://www.nbs.rs/internet/english/scripts/ondate.html) to the account 840-1633666-55 ref.No. 742-004 (instruction for filling up the payment form - download )
- Registration fee (winter semester)
Amount: 5,500 RSD
Account No. 840-1633666-55 ref.no. 742-106
- Taxes (registration for spring semester, semester closing)
Amount: 1,000 RSD
Account No. 840-1633666-55 ref.no. 742-106